Implicit conversions for AA keys

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Mar 24 07:50:19 PDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 12:34:56PM +0100, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 03/24/2012 01:20 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> >Hmm. I decided that perhaps the full-fledged std.conv.to is a bit of
> >an overkill, so I revised the AA code to compromise between needing
> >std.conv.to and still deliver what Andrei wants.
[...]
> This solution creates unnecessary template bloat for every implicit
> conversion, duplicates compiler logic, and I think it does not work
> correctly because of other issues. I have refined my proof of
> concept.
[...]

OK, I'll make a branch and give it a try.

> This nicely resolves all the implementation problems you have
> encountered/will encounter, because it does not rely on IFTI. I
> think you should follow this strategy.
[...]

Good idea, IFTI's limitations have been giving me a lot of woes
recently.

Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because
more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the
world. -- Carl B. Constantine