Array ops give sharing violation under Windows 7 64 bit?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Mar 24 12:43:48 PDT 2012

"Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
news:jkl816$1t08$1 at digitalmars.com...
> "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
> news:jkl7fd$1rqs$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>
>> Windows is known to enjoy holding locks on files just for the fuck of it.
>> See if the behavior changes if you add some delay just before the last
>> line. Or, if you adjust it so that compiling test.d takes longer.
>>

> If it still fails with the delay, you can probably find out (for whatever
> help it might be) what process is holding the file open by adding a pause
> right after running "test". Then before "Press[ing] a key" as it suggests,
> run SysInternal's Process Explorer to see who has the file open. My guess
> would be some basic Windows system process, but who knows.

Acutally, my guess would be 'explorer.exe', that's the one that's really
known for hogging files. Not sure know much knowing that would help though.
But if it's *not* that, and is something unexpected, then maybe it would
provide a clue.