Using D for Soft Synth development

Norbert Nemec Norbert at Nemec-online.de
Sat Mar 24 14:01:17 PDT 2012

On 24.03.2012 17:18, "Timo Westkämper" <timo.westkamper at gmail.com>" wrote:
> I am trying to get started with D programming. My target is to write LV2
> plugins (http://lv2plug.in/trac/) with it, but it seems there aren't any
> ready made bindings.
>
> Do you know of anyone else who would have gone into this direction?

I did some initial research in the direction of real-time audio code a
little while ago. The most fundamental issue is the hard real-time
capability of D. Seems like it should be possible with just a bit of
self-discipline in writing the audio code. The essence of this was
discussed on this list (thread: "is d-runtime non-gc safe?" in December
2011)

Apart from this, it should just be setting up the bindings, pretty much
like any other D project using an existing C library.

Would be very interested in hearing about your experiences!

Greetings,
Norbert