Regarding implementing a stable sort for Phobos

Xinok xinok at live.com
Sat Mar 24 18:40:31 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 15 March 2012 at 20:20:59 UTC, Xinok wrote:
> Third update:
> http://www.mediafire.com/?9jx07estd58wh2p
>
> + Added in-place sorting; Set template argument inPlace to true
> + Fixed CTFE compatibility issues
> + Vastly improved unittest
> + CTFE unittest will no longer stop compilation upon failure;
> It will print a warning instead
> + Optimization: Recurse into smaller half, use tail call on
> larger half
> - CTFE test fails under DMD; Other compilers untested

One more update. I created a repository on GitHub where I'll host
the module from now on:
https://github.com/Xinok/XSort

+ Added concurrency
+ Optimized swapBlocks; 10% improvement in benchmarks
+ Fixed and enhanced unittest
+ Extended documentation of stableSort function
- Concurrency fails to compile in debug builds so is enabled in
release builds only
- CTFE test still fails

I'm still getting acquainted with Git and Phobos, not quite sure
what I'm doing. Hopefully I can pull it together soon so Phobos
can have a working stable sort.