Regex performance

James Blewitt jim at jblewitt.com
Sun Mar 25 09:31:39 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm the author of the blog post.

First of all, thanks so much for the interest in my problem.  I
had no idea that the D community was so active (a fact that
pleases me greatly).

A quick update.  I've written a small benchmark based on my real
code and I'm now getting *significantly* better performance from
my D code.

I'm currently trying to figure out what I'm doing differently in
my original program.  At this point I am assuming that I have an
error in my code which causes the D program to do much more work
that its Ruby counterpart (although I am currently unable to find
it).

When I know more I will let you know.

James Blewitt