some regex vs std.ascii vs handcode times

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Mon Mar 26 19:09:42 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 27 March 2012 at 00:23:46 UTC, Juan Manuel Cabo wrote:
  > I downloaded and tried your benchmark. I first tried it
> with the ten 10Mb files that you put in github, then
> truncated them to 2Mb to get results comparable to
> the test you said did.
  > --jm

All my times were with the 10 10MB files that I uploaded.  I
tried on ssd, on hd and on an imdisk ramdrive, and got about the
same times for all. I suppose win7 is caching these.   I'd expect
several of the measured times  to be dominated by disk read time
if they weren't somehow being cached.

Thanks for testing on the other systems.