How to use D for cross platform development?

Bennie Copeland mugen.kanosei at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:31:24 PDT 2012

On Monday, 26 March 2012 at 10:46:39 UTC, Chris W. wrote:
> I am using D for cross platform development. I recently
> implemented C wrappers for D. It works fine (Mac OS X). I could
> also create a Python module that consists of both D and C code
> (the C code is really just the wrapper for the module's
> functionality that is completely in D). It also works with Lua.
>
> I think the decision to make C logic part of the language was a
> very very good idea. The dream of every cross platform
> developer.

Great to hear someone with experience with it. Was there any
issues with the code that had to be tweaked depending on the OS?
When I was looking at C++, there was implementation defined data
type sizes, endieness, implementation defined order of variables
in a struct, etc. On that topic, what do I have to consider in D
if I want binary compatibility in files saved on different OS's?