Documentation Layout

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:57:16 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 29 March 2012 at 05:41:30 UTC, James Miller wrote:
> On 29 March 2012 18:26, Jakob Ovrum <jakobovrum at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> There is a simple project called cuteDoc (name comes from the
>> old candyDoc
>> theme) which has a demo using the Phobos documentation:
>>
>>    http://robik.github.com/phobos/
>>
>> Project home page:
>>
>>    https://github.com/robik/cuteDoc
>
> It looks ok, still a little too cluttered for my liking. Also,
> serif
> fonts on a web page...

I think the theme has a long way to go. There are a lot of weird
choices of colour and such, and I think it has too many boxes. I
think it would look better if the style was toned down a little.

It's merely an example of how little effort is required to make
DDoc better. Issues with DDoc itself aside, the current state of
dlang.org is hardly representative of DDoc's full potential, when
it should be striving to be just that.