DIP16: Transparently substitute module with package

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 09:01:11 PDT 2012

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:46:19 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> Starting a new thread from one in announce:
>
> http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP16
>
> Please comment, after which Walter will approve. Walter's approval means
> that he would approve a pull request implementing DIP16 (subject to
> regular correctness checks).

I think package.d should be allowed to specify module.  Otherwise,
something like /usr/include/d/std/datetime/package.d, what is the assumed
package?  If module is not useful here, it is not useful anywhere.

I think the omission should be strictly anything after the package
directory.  For example, if you have std/algorithm/package.d and
std/algorithm/sorting.d, where package.d imports sorting.d, you can refer
to std.algorithm.sorting.sort by omitting sorting, but not by omitting
algorithm or std.

Other than that, this is a good change.

-Steve