DIP16: Transparently substitute module with package

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 30 14:33:47 PDT 2012

"Timon Gehr" <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> wrote in message
news:jl4jmg$2j1r$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I don't really like the second one.
>
> 1. It is an over-general solution, because it does not solve a general
> problem.
>
> Maybe it would be better to just interpret foo.bar.baz as
> foo.bar.package.baz if foo.bar is a package that has been imported via the
> foo.bar.package rewrite?

That occurred to me, and I thought about proposing the same thing you're
suggesting, but on second thought I wasn't so sure:

If I need to disambiguate between "std.algorithm.find" and
"foo.bar.baz.find", it might be nice to be able to just say "Meh,
just...that one in Phobos, ie 'std'". Or "Just go with that 'foo' one".

I could go either way, really.