Poll of the week - How long have you been in the D world?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 13:35:10 PDT 2012

On 31/03/2012 05:25, Chris NS wrote:
<snip>
> Some of us are -- though I don't know how many are actually still "D1 people" per se...
> I'd say most have made the jump by now. What I feel from the numbers is simply that we
> have a mostly steady rate of community growth.

Depends what you mean by "community".  It's really a matter of how many people answered
the poll.  The proportion the sample represents of the total number of D programmers is
liable to get smaller as D becomes an ISO/ANSI/whatever standard, gains more and more
third-party compilers and is adopted by more and more businesses, since many of the users
will not be coming through Digital Mars and so are less likely to be active on these
'groups.  And so, in the long run, the poll results are likely to understate the growth in
the number of D users.

Though publicising the poll in as many D-related forums as we can find will help to
counter this....

Stewart.