luajit-ffi

so so at so.so
Tue May 1 09:15:57 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 1 May 2012 at 15:56:32 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen
wrote:

> What are you talking about? The link you posted clearly shows
> that LuaJIT has a C parser built in. It has everything to do
> with syntax (note that FFI is not anything spectacular or
> innovative; see libffi, Mono, Lisp, ...). And no, D does not
> "have all the structures". If it did, we wouldn't be redefining
> them in D bindings.

What am "i" talking about? How hard to understand these two
things?
ABI compatibility and "already" being able to call C natively? If
you need any syntax you "already" have it.

> What does enum have to do with the C preprocessor? Anyway, it's
> not that simple. Any arbitrary symbol can have multiple
> definitions depending on what path you take in the preprocessor
> forest.

Have you ever used a C api, say OpenGL?
What are they using preprocessor for? other than enum and alias?
It is that damn simple. I am not talking about supporting Boost
level preprocessor exploit. I am talking about mature "C"
libraries.