Why D const is annoying

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 20:30:27 PDT 2012

Also, I think you didn't notice the other problem.

The other problem was with IConnection, whose send() wasn't 'const', which
also gives you an error due to the transitivity of const (which I've also
claimed is broken).
And how could it? It's just a connection, not a server, so it doesn't parse
the input... and it probably changes the state of the connection, since
connections often have internal buffers they need to modify (if not
prioritization, etc.).

So, what is D's solution for _that_ problem?