Why D const is annoying

Chris Cain clcain at uncg.edu
Tue May 1 21:28:23 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 2 May 2012 at 04:18:18 UTC, Chris Cain wrote:
> ... specify that one of those students has a read-only
> connection. Something like Student!StudentDBConnection might
> work, and then maybe Student!const(StudentDBConnection).

I take the second one back, I've not written any kind of
connection code before, but it occurs to me that
StudentDBConnection must have some kind of mutable state in order
to connect to something.

Maybe a ROConnection object (or a struct and use the awesomeness
of D's compile-time duck typing) or something along those lines?