luajit-ffi

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed May 2 13:17:27 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 2 May 2012 at 17:52:07 UTC, so wrote:
> So enum, alias has nothing to do with #define?
> Or D requires syntax to support the things i mentioned?

#define can be used for manifest constants and aliases, yes, but
also for many other things, as in the examples from popular
libraries that I and others posted. And for an automatic C
importing mechanism to be worth its complexity, it must be able
to handle at least the more common variations.

> Don't i have a right to expect, someone who answers me already
> understand what i am saying or ask nicely to clear it up?

Frankly, no – just as you answered other posts in this thread
probably without being absolutely sure what the author was trying
to say. Maybe my reply sounded harsher than I intended, I tend to
get annoyed too easily when somebody seems to just ignore
multiple technically sound replies (which people have spent time
writing, after all). I apologize for that.

David