Does D have too many features?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu May 3 07:13:45 PDT 2012

On 5/3/12 9:55 AM, Don Clugston wrote:
> On 28/04/12 20:47, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Andrei and I had a fun discussion last night about this question. The
>> idea was which features in D are redundant and/or do not add significant
>> value?
>>
>> A couple already agreed upon ones are typedef and the cfloat, cdouble
>> and creal types.
>>
>> What's your list?
>
> Other ones which were agreed to a long time ago were:
>
> * NCEG operators
>
> * built-in .sort and .reverse

Good ones. In fact I even discounted them from this discussion because
I'd already considered them gone. Walter agreed that I don't mention
them in TDPL, with the intent to have them peter out.

One good step right now would be to remove NCEG operators from the
online documentation. Later on, we'll consider them an accept-invalid
bug :o).

Andrei