Does D have too many features?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu May 3 15:56:26 PDT 2012

On 5/3/2012 8:13 AM, Don Clugston wrote:
> Well, they are also used in druntime, in core.stdc.math
> BTW I *hate* that module, I don't know why it exists. Even worse, it seems to be
> growing -- people are adding more things to it.

It's there simply because all the Standard C headers should be represented. It
should not get anything that is not in Standard C. Ditto for all the other stuff
in core.stdc.

It's there to make converting C code to D code easier.

> Practically everything in there has a better implementation in std.math.

Yup. But also note that the only "implementations" in there are things that are
done as macros in C's math.h, meaning they're trivial.