Windows batch file to compile D code

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri May 4 04:56:47 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-04 12:37, Iain Staffell wrote:

> Thanks both for the suggestions. RDMD looks useful, but am I right
> thinking I can't run it from anywhere unless I'm able to mess with PATH
> variables?

DVM will handle this for you.

> I can't figure out where to get started with DVM, so will give that a miss.

simendsjo linked to the new URL, where no pre-compile binaries exist
yet. Use this old URL until the next release:

https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/wiki/Home

1. Download the tool: https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/downloads
2. run "dvm.exe install dvm"
3. open a new console window
4. run "dvm install 2.059"
5. run "dvm use 2.059"
6. now "dmd" and "rdmd" will be available

You can also add the "-d" flag to the "use" command. This will set the
compiler as the default compiler. Instructions are available at the URL
above.

--
/Jacob Carlborg