nginx reverse proxy for vibe tutorial

James Miller james at aatch.net
Sat May 5 18:00:39 PDT 2012

On Friday, 4 May 2012 at 11:54:04 UTC, David wrote:
>> * using `try_files`, nginx complains that you can't use
>> proxy_pass
>> inside a named location (like `@vibe`), which means you can't
>> use
>> try_files to serve arbitrary static files, hence the massive
>> list of
>> extensions.
>
> why not doing:
>

> root /path/to/static
>
> location / {
>     try_files $uri @app_proxy
> }
>
> location @app_proxy {
> }

I tried that, nginx complained endlessly about it. I'm not sure
why and I would prefer to use that version.

Also, I need to make an adjustment to my configuration, the
$body_bytes_sent doesn't work the way I thought, so you actually
need to do

server {
    proxy_set_body $request_body;
    // Remove proxy_set_header Content-length... line