Why typedef's shouldn't have been removed :(

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat May 5 18:46:16 PDT 2012

On Saturday, May 05, 2012 20:43:40 Mehrdad wrote:
> Er, the point is, there are functions ALREADY using size_t, and I
> need to figure out which parameters those are.

In what situation would it matter? If you're writing the code yourself, then
you have access to the function and can see that it's a size_t, so any code
that you write which interacts with it will then be written to use size_t. If
you're using compile-time reflection, then you'll get uint or ulong, depending
on the architecture, but then uint or ulong is what you _need_ for that
architecture, so using uint or ulong at that point would be correct. As far as
I can tell, the fact that it was originally a size_t would be irrelevant at
that point.

- Jonathan M Davis