"R" suffix for reals

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 19:33:31 PDT 2012

On Monday, 7 May 2012 at 02:19:19 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I agree. It's as old as C, and I've never encountered a problem
>  with it. And as Era Scarecrow posted, this leads to suffixes
> for every type.

  Only if you had to be specific to clarify certain confusion. 95%
or more of the time the default would be enough unless you needed
it. Course with auto, unless you want it to default to likely a
double or int (or string), then you'd need to specify or cast it.
More likely it could do more specific valid range testing if
given that information.

  Was mostly commenting when I see L, I think 'long' right away,
not 'long or possibly float/double'.