nginx reverse proxy for vibe tutorial

James Miller james at aatch.net
Sun May 6 20:20:54 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 6 May 2012 at 22:50:56 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 May 2012 at 22:42:21 UTC, James Miller wrote:
>> I think FUUUUUUUUUU is the most appropriate sentiment here.
>
> Wait till you try using conditional blocks in Lighty's
> configuration files… [1]
>
> David
>

> [1] lighttpd supports conditional blocks for a number of
> predefined variables, including http host, … – but only
> evaluates the first (or was it: last?) one of a kind, and
> silently discards the other ones. Especially funny if you use a
> Debian-style configuration where configuration is split over a
> number of files (conf-available/conf-enabled directories).

I think I remember that from when I was running Lighty, it seemed
awesome at first, then quickly became a nightmare to manage.

Yeah, I went Apache -> Lighttpd -> nginx for webservers, nginx is
definitely the best so far. Not as many features as Apache, but I
find it suitable, and (F)CGI is plenty fast enough using a local
socket.

--
James Miller