GSOC Linker project

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon May 7 06:22:05 PDT 2012

This just confirms what I saw yesterday on a presentation.

Many developers re-invent the wheel, or jump to the fad technology of the
year, because they don't have the knowledge of old already proven
technologies,
that for whatever reason, are no longer common.

We need better ways to preserve knowledge in our industry.

--
Paulo

"Steven Schveighoffer"  wrote in message
news:op.wdxra01ceav7ka at steves-laptop...

On Sat, 05 May 2012 03:06:52 -0400, dennis luehring <dl.soluz at gmx.net>
wrote:

> Am 04.05.2012 20:26, schrieb Steven Schveighoffer:
>> On Fri, 04 May 2012 13:54:38 -0400, Andrej Mitrovic
>> <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>>  How would you use a library you don't even have the interface to? I
>>>  mean if you can't even look at the API in your editor.. that'd be
>>>  insane.
>>
>> Ever heard of Java?
>>
>> -Steve
>
> ever heard about Turbo Pascal (and delphi) got this feature since turbo
> pascal 4 around 1987

Honestly?  No.  I've heard of those languages, I don't know anyone who
uses them, and I've never used them.

I don't mean this as a slight or rebuttal.  Java is just more
recognizable.  Using either language (Java or TurboPascal) is still a good
way to prove the point that it is possible and works well.

-Steve