Defining a custom *constructor* (not initializer!)

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 12:08:16 PDT 2012

On Monday, 7 May 2012 at 17:04:08 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> Not really, but then again, if you are not placing the class
> into the GC heap, who cares?  You have to manually delete
> anyways, just use your specialized 'delete' function instead of
> delete.
>
> -Steve

No, I *am* placing it on the heap.

I'm just asking if I can call the constructor manually, because
(like I wrote in my first post...) sometimes the C code you're
interoperating with takes control away from you, and just calls a
callback on your behalf when constructing the object.

(Yes, I realize there are different solutions to this problem.
They're just not as elegant.)