Does D have too many features?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue May 8 00:56:27 PDT 2012

On 4/30/12, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally my gripe with compilation times is that I get very used to
> having fast build times where I can go through an edit+compile+run
> cycle really fast, but after a while build times get slower

Also since 2.059 error reporting is *completely* broken. I have to
wait 5 seconds just to get this error message itself to print to the
screen:
http://pastebin.com/y93GEPAf

500 lines of errors even though only the first line is an actual
error. What in the actual fuck are all those other error messages? The
only problem was this line in a main file:
CppGen gen;
and CppGen was undefined because I've missed an import.

And if I remove the only import left (std.range), I get much less
garbage but I still get unrelated errors:
main.d(80): Error: undefined identifier CppGen
D:\DMD\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\conv.d(244): Error:
template std.conv.toImpl does not match any function template
declaration
D:\DMD\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\conv.d(244): Error:
template std.conv.toImpl cannot deduce template function from argument
types !(string)(long)
D:\DMD\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\conv.d(244): Error:
template instance toImpl!(string) errors instantiating template
loader\gcc.d(167): Error: template instance
std.conv.to!(string).to!(long) error instantiating

2.058 error reporting worked fine, I don't know what someone did to
screw this up so massively.