dmd from git segfaulting when used with wrong version of druntime

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:05:18 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm running linux debian x86_64, it may matter.

The current version of dmd in git master segfault every single time it
is ran with an old version of druntime. This is already an issue that
the compiler segfault instead of providing any usefull error message (or
at least a stack trace, which I can't get even with gdb for unknown
reasons).

But worse : even with playing with the command line, I'm unable to get
the right version of druntime used.

This means that I'm reduced to either fuck up my whole system by
replacing druntime by the git one, or modify global config file to
achieve similar results.

This means stop any meaning full work *IN* D when I work *ON* D. This is
very problematic, and likely to stop me to work *ON* right now.

Is it possible to use a given druntime with some command line when
calling dmd ? If it is, HOW ? If it isn't, I highly encourage this to be
planned ASAP.