CTFE and DI: The Crossroads of D

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Wed May 9 13:41:05 PDT 2012

On Wed, 09 May 2012 12:57:46 -0700, Adam D. Ruppe
<destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:

> The real WTF is we use .di files for druntime in the
> first place. It is performance sensitive and open source.
>
> We should be using the actual sources for inlining, ctfe,
> etc. anyway.
>
> Let's not torpedo the .di patch's value for just phobos.

Except that there is a distinct need for the DRuntime as a shared library.
Particularly as end-user software starts relying on multiple shared
libraries. Currently, things just explode when you try to use multiple
libraries of software that link to different versions of the DRT, a shared
lib for DRT would pretty much solve that. Or at least make a solution
possible, but the *only* way to make a DRT shared lib work is DI files
that don't contain implementation.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender