Lack of open source shown as negative part of D on Dr. Dobbs

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed May 9 14:52:39 PDT 2012

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:qlxeqfqyzlezwqerrkxn at forum.dlang.org...
> On Wednesday, 9 May 2012 at 19:58:14 UTC, Michaël Larouche wrote:
>>  What if I want to submit a change or a fix to the langage that require
>> to change the backend too ?
>
> There's nothing stopping that right now!
>
> The only thing the backend license really prohibits is
> distributing it yourself.

Even that's not entirely true (and it does annoy me a little that it keeps
getting repeated). The only thing it prohibits is distributing it yourself
*without prior approval*. And considering that Walter's always been
extremely reasonable about granting such requests (since the prior approval
is only required because *his* hands are tied on that matter by...uhh...was
it Borland?), it's really a non-issue.