Lack of open source shown as negative part of D on Dr. Dobbs

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 15:23:13 PDT 2012

On Wed, 09 May 2012 17:39:36 -0400, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> On 09/05/12 23:06, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> So... Use GDC instead?
>
> .... and if I want to hack on Druntime or Phobos ... ? :-)
>
> [cf. what I was told here ...
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/learn/Hacking_on_Phobos_34765.html#N34770
> ]

For what purpose?  To get it included in phobos/druntime?  DMD.  But it
will percolate to gdc afterwards.

But that's not exactly a problem with distribution, is it?  If you're
hacking phobos or druntime for purposes of improving phobos or druntime,
why do you need to distribute snn.lib?

If you just want to distribute programs, and you don't want to distribute
snn.lib with them (which you are free to do BTW), then use gdc.

-Steve