Lack of open source shown as negative part of D on Dr. Dobbs

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 15:45:29 PDT 2012

On Wed, 09 May 2012 18:32:26 -0400, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> But there are people who _aren't_ willing to make that compromise, and
> others who will be put off before they even realize that compromise is
> possible.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really care :)  I'm here to get stuff
done, not debate about ideology.  Those who wish to complain about or
avoid D, will.  And I really can't do much about that.  There are those
who will refuse to use D because it's not copyleft.  Good luck getting
those people on board ;)

I think we have a pretty awesome and talented team working on D, and in
the end, performance is what matters, not who your friends are.

-Steve