CTFE and DI: The Crossroads of D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:57:42 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 9 May 2012 at 22:49:55 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> IIRC D compiles in the implementation code in the D and does
> not use the code in the shared library, but I may be wrong.

It depends on how you pass it all to the compiler. If it
finds it in the import path - not on the command line -
it treats it as a simple import.

You can see this by making an implementation file and
compiling something that uses it.

make: foo/bar.d
compile: dmd a.d

then you'd get a bunch of linker errors for the functions
you need in bar.d.

So it isn't pulling the implementation there. But if you do

dmd a.d foo/bar.d

then it pulls the impl too.