CTFE and DI: The Crossroads of D

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed May 9 21:12:53 PDT 2012

"Adam Wilson" <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:op.wd2prcc4707hn8 at invictus.skynet.com...

> I actually agree with you, im just telling you what I hear from PHB's.

I was just kinda rambling anyway ;) Not directed at any particular poster.

> We need some way to export the symbols without the underlying code, it
> makes for faster compile times and having the API handy can be useful to
> development tools.
> However, my experience with PHB's is that as long as you don't send out
> the actual source files but some form of sanitized header, the PHB's don't
> really care beyond that.
> That'd why I think embedding a version of the source D files that has been
> semantically analyzed could be helpful, you can pull in the source for
> CTFE as needed, but the only thing you have to actually ship out is the
> library file itself, it just happens to have source files inside. In my
> experience in the .NET world, this is good enough for the PHB's. Out of
> sight, out of mind as they say. So what if it's trickery, we developers
> get a benefit to, we don't have to wrangle include files.

Well, if that works for the PHBs, then it works for me (Hmm...Never thought
I'd say something like that ;) )

Thinking about it more, I suppose it's debatable whether a PHB-comlpiant
obfuscator or a lib-with-embedded-source would be easier to implement and
deal with.