SCons D support

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Thu May 10 12:05:14 PDT 2012

[I have been trying to post this via forum.dlang.org for some
hours, hopefully it finally makes its way to the NG now…]

---

On Thursday, 10 May 2012 at 09:14:10 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> The dmd tool now works with dmd and gdmd. I have the beginnings
> of a gdc
> tool which works, and I have put in place the beginnings of an
> ldc tool
> but this fails not least because it supports only a very old D
> version
> but also because the packaging for Debian seems to have
> something wrong:
>
>         ldc -I=. -c -of=helloWorld.o helloWorld.d
>         object.d: Error: module object cannot read file
> 'object.d'
>
> This is the first time I have ever run the ldc command so it
> may be user
> error.

LDC packages unfortunately are in a sorry state right now – the
easiest way to get a working, up-to-date installation is probably
to just build it from Git (CMake required). The compiler binary
for D2 produced is called ldc2.

The specific error you mentioned is a frontend error and means
that the druntime (resp. Tango in case of D1) headers are either
not installed on your system, or ldc.conf doesn't contain the
correct path to it – just as with a wrong/missing dmd.conf in
case of DMD.

David