CTFE and DI: The Crossroads of D

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:39:35 PDT 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 12:51:03 -0700, deadalnix <deadalnix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 10/05/2012 20:35, Adam Wilson a écrit :
>> The problem is that it DOES NOT know if it's CTFEable or not. No
>> analysis is performed prior to DI generation!
>>

> It doesn't seems undoable.

It isn't, but it would require that DI generation got it's own specialized
form of semantic analysis, and that is a significant amount of work. I'm
not saying it shouldn't be done, just that it's not a valid short-term
solution. A long-term solution would be to embed a semantically analyzed
form of the source into the object itself. But that's years away with
concerted group effort.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender