SCons, Linking and D

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri May 11 08:20:33 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 17:06 +0200, Gour wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2012 10:06:52 +0200
> Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
>
> > Both GDC (gdmd) and LDC (ldmd) ship with a wrapper script that
> > emulates the DMD command lines.
>
> Is it really required for GDC & LDC to emulate DMD's command line or
> those scripts serve as poor-man's crutches only?

gdc normally follows the gcc command line conventions, which seems
reasonable as it is intended to be part of GCC :-) gdc happens to also
offer gdmd which is an adaptor between the dmd command line conventions
and gdc activity. This seems fine to me since it means gdc can act as a
drop in replacement for dmd as well as being the D part of the GCC
toolchain.

Not sure about LDC, haven't really been able to use it yet.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk