Defining a custom *constructor* (not initializer!)

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 08:47:13 PDT 2012

On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 15:41:02 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
> On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 15:36:37 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
>> It's in the same exact thread as the caller of CreateWindow in
>> Win32
>
> Minor correction: that's under the assumption that the thread
> that registered the window class (with RegisterClass()) is the
> same thread creating the window, which is the case most of the
> time.
>
> But if it's one process instantiating the window of a different
> process (which happens sometimes), or if it's one thread
> instantiating the window of a different thread (which happens
> more rarely), that's obviously not the case...

Never mind, I actually messed up the last part; it's the same
thread throughout:
http://www.oopweb.com/Assembly/Documents/Win32ASM/Volume/winmsg.htm#windowthread

I just got this confused because if you happen to use
SendMessage() to send the message, THEN the rule I mentioned
applies.

But here, the system calls the window procedure directly, and as
the link says, only the current ever calls the window procedure.