D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 12:02:52 PDT 2012

On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 18:53:57 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 08:38:41PM +0200, Mehrdad wrote:
>> On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 18:21:24 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> >Templates are stencils for generating code. There's nothing
>> >confusing about that.
>>

>> "Stencils for generating code"? _This_??! :O
>>
>>   template hasMember(T, string name)
>>   { enum hasMember = __traits(hasMember, T, name); }
>>

>> Imagine a new user's confusion when seeing something like this.
>> (Not sure I got it exactly right, but my point is there.)
>
> Yes, that's exactly how stencils work. You're essentially
> generating a declaration of the form:
>
> 	enum hasMember = ...;
>
> <snip>

That's not how you see it when you're learning though.

It's more like, I can imagine someone asking these:

1. Why the heck do I see "hasMember" twice?
2. What does this have to do with enums?
3. Where is anything getting "returned"???
4. So you mean templates are THINGS?? I thought you needed a
template SOMETHING, like a template struct, template function,
etc...
5. What the heck is TypeTuple!()? Where's the blueprint?

etc.