D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri May 11 13:20:26 PDT 2012

On Friday, May 11, 2012 21:15:53 Mehrdad wrote:
> Or e.g. C#'s "Any()" method tells you whether the collection is
> empty, whereas D's "any()" method takes in a predicate. I find
> C#'s *slightly* more intuitive.

That's definitely an example of something that depends on your background.
std.algorithm.any does _exactly_ what it would do in a functional language.
How intuitive an API is depends a lot on how much the person writing the API
thinks like you. It's definitely something to strive for, but the best that you
can generally do is hit the majority of your target audience. You can never
hit everyone.

- Jonathan M Davis