D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri May 11 13:25:40 PDT 2012

On Friday, May 11, 2012 20:34:07 Mehrdad wrote:
> On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 18:25:17 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> >> Actually, that is a WAT even for somebody coming from C/C++.
> >
> > Really? That's pretty much exactly what I would have expected,
> > and it would
> > really suck if it returned a bool. It's like what you get with
> > find on
> > std::map, only it's a pointer instead of an iterator.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Again, try to see it from the perspective of a Python user, not a
> C++ user.

Sure, what your used to has a huge effect on what you expect. But I've done
very little with python whereas I've done a lot with C++, so my expectations
are strongly influenced by C++ but aren't influenced by python at all. I didn't
even know that python _had_ an in operator. But when you're dealing with
people from a variety of backgrounds, you're invariably going to end up making
choices that fit what one set of people expects but confounds another.

- Jonathan M Davis