D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Fri May 11 13:35:53 PDT 2012

On 11-05-2012 22:29, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Friday, May 11, 2012 21:02:46 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:

>>> Again, try to see it from the perspective of a Python user, not a
>>> C++ user.
>>
>> Speaking of which, 'in' on arrays.........
>>
>> *hint hint*
>
> Except that it would break the generally expected algoritmic complexity of in,
> so it'll never happen ( O(n) for arrays, whereas the worst case that would be
> acceptable would be O(lg n) - e.g. what a binary tree could achieve).
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

'in' isn't useful in generic code. How it's defined (return type and
parameter type) depends entirely on the type being operated on (who says
it's an AA? Or a map-like type at all?), so it cannot be used
generically in any sensible way.

As such, maintaining any specific algorithmic complexity for it serves
no purpose IMHO.

--
- Alex