How to contribute on github?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri May 11 15:40:26 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 12:22:56AM +0200, Mehrdad wrote:
> I haven't used git or github much. (Pretty much just once or twice,
> when someone added me.)
>
> How do I go about submitting potential changes to Phobos?
>
> (All I see on there is "GIT Read-only" which I feel is read-only,
> not something I can/know how to modify...)

1. Create a github account if you haven't already
2. Navigate to D-Programming-Language/phobos
3. Click on the icon at the top right corner labelled "Fork"
4. git clone your forked phobos
5. make your changes in a branch (git checkout -b fixMyFavoriteBug,
   vim std/range.d, git commit -a, etc.)
6. git push -u origin fixMyFavoriteBug (this will push your branch to
   github)
7. Navigate to your branch on github
8. Click "Pull Request"
9. Type in a description
10. Wait for Andrei & co to review/accept the fix.

People say I'm arrogant, and so I am!!