D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:13:14 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 12 May 2012 at 00:00:20 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> > the horrible compilation times,
>
> wat? The so-fast-I-could-not-grab-a-coffee-during-compilation
> kind of horrible? Otherwise he might have hit a bug there.

My work project takes about 8 seconds to compile and link
in my normal build if there's RAM available, and can be much
longer if there isn't.

Since the compile takes upwards of 512 MB peak, having enough
memory for the fast build doesn't happen many times.

The build also takes well over a full minute if I use -O.

The emulator might be using -O and getting brutally slow,
or being run on a box without a billion terabytes of RAM.

...or perhaps I just think ~10 second build times are slow
because I've been spoiled by all the other D I do. lol