[OT] GitHub down?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri May 11 22:34:36 PDT 2012

"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote in message
news:mailman.622.1336775821.24740.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 05:48:40PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Is it just me, or does GitHub (in its entirety) seem to be down today?
> [...]
>
> Works for me. Are you behind a firewall?

My router has one built-in, but I haven't blocked any sites with it,
certainly not github. Haven't even changed any settings on it lately.

Although I'd have no idea what kind of crazy fucking shit my ISP might be
pulling (Timer Warner - yea, they're not exactly known for basic
competence.)

The HTTP request goes out to them and then...the connection just sits there
indefinitely...doing...nothing. Nothing gets sent back, the connection
doesn't close.

Everything else seems to work fine...Jusus christ...those stupid goddamn
motherfuckers turned they're goddam "send him *our* page for every unmatched
DNS request" bullshit back on, after I've already shut the fucking thing off
twice in the last few years. Why won't these shitwads just fucking die
already. Adelphia's leadership gets hauled off to jail, ok, fine, but then
these Time Warner fuckwads are allowed to live and participate in society.
Fuck, if I had my way anyone with an IQ below 100 would be
institutionalized, and all middle and upper managers would be shot in the
balls, then in the face.

In any case it woudn't surprise me if this asinine bullshit is somehow
what's causing the problem. Fuck Time Warner, and I hope all their kids get
hepatitis and die.