path planning implementations?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat May 12 10:06:53 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 02:53:24PM +0400, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> I've been trying to find a D* lite too, but with no luck.
> Having a fast graph traversal algorithms are useful for a ton of very
> powerful use cases, besides path planning.
> I'm starting to think, that we're gonna have to implement it ourselves.
> Which in turn will require us to implement a graph data structure.
> Right now I need a good graph data structure for my project, so I have
> a direct interest in getting this done.
> How about we chip in and develop an std..graphs module for Phobos with
> different traversal and shortest-path algorithms?
[...]

+1. With D's generic programming abilities, we *should* have a generic
graph interface. Perhaps something along the lines of the range
interface (compile-time duck-typing). It'd be nice to have advanced
graph algorithms implemented in a generic way that can be used for a
variety of applications.

Personally I'd love to have a generic graph-coloring algorithm.

"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask about Exchange Server next. -- (Stolen from the net)