WinAPI grossly lacking in core.c.windows.windows

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat May 12 12:22:05 PDT 2012

On Saturday, May 12, 2012 22:47:15 Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> I'll just move the binding to druntime and rename the package from win32.*
> to core.c.windows.*
> There are tons of modules, each for a header file in original WinAPI.

I would point out that there may be adjustments that will have to be done to
the WinAPI stuff when it's merged in (this comment on a related pull request
lists several: https://github.com/D-Programming-
Language/druntime/pull/139#issuecomment-3681892 ). I'm not very familiar with
the WinAPI project, so I don't know what will have to be adjusted, but
anything D1-specific would have to be removed, and the way it sounds like it
does versioning may be an issue. So, this could easily be a lot more work than
just copying the modules over to druntime (though the layout of modules may be
just fine as it stands in the WinAPI project).

- Jonathan M Davis