WinAPI grossly lacking in core.c.windows.windows

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun May 13 07:17:03 PDT 2012

On Sunday, May 13, 2012 15:03:08 Stewart Gordon wrote:
> What's going to happen about continued maintenance of the bindings once
> they've been dropped in?  Are we just going to carry on maintaining the
> bindings on dsource and then make pull requests every now and again to
> update druntime to it?
>
> There are a few things that still need to be thought about, like how handle
> types are defined.  Better to get this decided before we drop it into
> druntime.  I'll start another thread about this and other issues.

Yes. That sort of stuff needs to be sorted out as part of getting the bindings
into druntime. As for maintenance, I would expect that the WinAPI project
would be effectively superseded by druntime and become completely redundant,
but the WinAPI project will probably be around for a while. How the bindings
get maintained depends entirely on who is willing to create the appropriate
pull requests when changes are necessary and what they do. It'll certainly
work better if someone takes it upon themselves to actively maintain them. But
if someone has been doing that with the WinAPI bindings, then presumably, they
can do it with druntime.

- Jonathan M Davis