WinAPI grossly lacking in core.c.windows.windows

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 09:39:08 PDT 2012

On 13/05/2012 15:17, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
<snip>
> Yes. That sort of stuff needs to be sorted out as part of getting the bindings
> into druntime. As for maintenance, I would expect that the WinAPI project
> would be effectively superseded by druntime and become completely redundant,

Being migrated from dsource to druntime doesn't constitute becoming "completely redundant"
in my mind....

> but the WinAPI project will probably be around for a while. How the bindings
> get maintained depends entirely on who is willing to create the appropriate
> pull requests when changes are necessary and what they do.

I think what might work best is to carry on maintaining the project on dsource, and have
pull requests created from this, at least for as long as it's still far from finished or
there's still D1 as well to worry about.

> It'll certainly
> work better if someone takes it upon themselves to actively maintain them. But
> if someone has been doing that with the WinAPI bindings, then presumably, they
> can do it with druntime.

In theory, that someone is me.  But in practice, I've mostly been tied up with other
things in recent times.

Stewart.