WinAPI grossly lacking in core.c.windows.windows

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun May 13 13:24:58 PDT 2012

On Sunday, May 13, 2012 17:39:08 Stewart Gordon wrote:
> On 13/05/2012 15:17, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Yes. That sort of stuff needs to be sorted out as part of getting the
> > bindings into druntime. As for maintenance, I would expect that the
> > WinAPI project would be effectively superseded by druntime and become
> > completely redundant,
> Being migrated from dsource to druntime doesn't constitute becoming
> "completely redundant" in my mind....

If someone wants to keep maintaning the WinAPI project no dsource, they're
free to, but if it's in druntime, I don't know why you would. druntime is
always going to be on any box with D, whereas the WinAPI project won't be, and
if all of the bindings are in druntime, then the WinAPI project adds nothing.
It seems completely redundant at that point. But there's nothing stopping it
from continuing regardless.

- Jonathan M Davis