Getting the const-correctness of Object sorted once and for all

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 13:48:10 PDT 2012

On 13/05/2012 20:42, Walter Bright wrote:
<snip>
> I'd like to see std.stream dumped. I don't see any reason for it to exist that std.stdio
> doesn't do (or should do).

So std.stdio.File is the replacement for the std.stream stuff?

How does/will it provide all the different kinds of stream that std.stream provides, as
well as the other kinds of stream that applications will need?

What's the plan for std.cstream?

> The only reason it's there at the moment is for backwards compatibility.

So the plan is to deprecate that, then remove it, _then_ fix this issue?

Or make toString and toHash in the stream classes bypass constancy?

Stewart.