Getting the const-correctness of Object sorted once and for all

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 15:56:26 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 13 May 2012 at 22:51:05 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Anything that absolutely requires them will probably have to
> either have to break the type system or use _other_ functions
> with the same functionality but without those attributes. In
> some cases though, providing overloads which aren't const,
> pure, etc. should work though.
> If you want it to be otherwise, you're going to have to
> convince Walter, and I think that it's pretty clear that this
> is the way that it's going to have to be thanks to how const et
> al. work.

This is *exactly* the sort of problem I was referring to in my
const(rant) thread, so to speak.

These const-related issues make D, simply speaking, *HARD TO USE*.
(Yes, that means even harder then C++ in some cases.)

When people say it's painful to find workarounds to problems in
D, I hope -- at the very least -- no one will be surprised as to
why.